Sunday, September 7, 2014

Math Homework and Paper Sight Word Books

Your child will be sent home with their first piece of homework on Monday, September 8. It will be due by Thursday, September 11. I will always send home the Math homework  worksheet on Monday and it will always be due by Thursday. When your child brings it back, I check it, return it home, and your child receives a small reward. I do not keep track of how your child scores on the homework. I do this to get students in the habit of doing and bringing back homework to prepare them for future grades. The homework also gives them extra practice on what we are working on in Math.

You also may have noticed a short paper sight word book coming home with your child. Each week, after your child has learned and worked on identifying and recognizing the sight word of the week, there is a paper sight word book that they practice reading and then read to me. These are good to save and practice with your child. It helps them to remember sight words and learn to recognize them in text.